houndsinheavenstudio

16 February 2013

Painting with 80 + Kids

This is the second part of the Painting Workshop I conducted for the students of the Golden Lampstand in my community in Laguna. Last week, I did 350 students of the same school in one day. Their work can be seen in previous post. Today, I did the Nursery and Kindergarten students ages from 4 to 6.

And here are their flower paintings using acrylic on canvas done in an hour! They all did the drawing and mixture of primary colors to achieve secondary colors (green and orange) and create tonal values. I promised to conduct a special session for the teachers so they can assist the children well. 

Logistical considerations include the proper brushes (flat and round brushes), pails of water, rags, aprons and to keep reminding the students to wear workshop attire (some came in party clothes!)

I wanted to congratulate the school for such well behaved students. The credit goes to the teachers and staff of the Golden Lampstand most especially to Mendelsshon and Ma. Marina Fe Reyes for bringing such fun and educational activity to their students. This summer the school will have other art activities like theater, music, and dance. I wish them all the best!