houndsinheavenstudio

10 August 2013

Stationery Swap


Today, as I write I am home recuperating from a major operation that removed the tumors in my neck and arms and I missed this major art exchange ;-(

I was ready for my art boxes that will hold my hand made mini artworks and cards since July. I kept changing the process and the frustration kept delaying it until I had a check-up and the quick whirl of events took this project to the pending file. Sigh.

Even in the hospital I tried to reworked it and will still rework it:

I may have missed the event but I will still send my art boxes to my group members by courier. Thank you guys for understanding and I am anticipating the excitement and fun in the swap today. . . . 

But I received a special card in the hospital:
From Jean Marie Syjuco. Thank you so much, JMS!
The best companions to creative work: music and LOL factor
SIDELIGHT: Post Operation
I wish to thank the excellent doctors and staff of PGH: my cousin and attending physician Dr. Michael Tee (who I trusted completely), my surgeon Dr. Antonio Perez and his wife Dra. Perez, all the resident doctors under them, all the nurses and hospital staff who gave me warm, pain-free, comfortable stay and professional care. I highly recommend them! Two thumbs up to the real "bagong bayani" (Filipino professionals who chose to stay and serve their country and gave excellent work)  d**b

More about them and PGH in future post. . . but for the details of my PGH moment, click here.