houndsinheavenstudio

25 August 2013

DIY: Swap Box

Remember Alessa's swap meet I posted weeks ago and the goodies I received? Well, below is my swap box. I missed my swap date with them and sent my box by courier. Yesterday, one of my groupmates texted me about it. Here is my do-it-yourself art box:
1. I recycled an old hopia box (I keep boxes to reuse)
2. I paid a college student to paint them all in black.
I did not like the results but I did not have the time to redo it ;-(
3. I wrote all my groupmates' names in the box using glitter glue but it fell off. 
4. I have to repaint all the names again using acrylic paint but since I had an operation (thyroidectomy) my hands are kindda awkward with freehand writing now ;-(

And here's my personalized box for Alessa:
I made a painting but did not like the clumsy splatters so edited it out. I managed a freehand script so I can personalize a note card for all.

And here are all the boxes:
All painted by my disabled arm. Not bad ;-)

And here are the hounds in heaven card:
I edited and manipulated my photographs to bring all the gang in while in the hospital to the amusement and shock of the hospital staff, patients and visitors. 

Yes, the hounds in heaven are real. My place is called Heaven. And the hounds include Sweepy, my now senior superdog, our year-old adopted dog Babur, our now senior adopted cat on the roof Petrocelli, MrFrogsky, MrLeach (the retired translator of my departed dog Sumo), Troy the kissing lizard, Ms. Dragonfly, and a visiting fly from somewhere ;-) The extended finger is mine and everything was taken in heaven which is the name of my studio.

I hope my swap groupmates got their boxes by now. ;-)